Kostas Pipilis is a primary education teacher.
- He got a PhD from the Department of Early Childhood Education, University of Western Macedonia, titled: “Teachers education and training: personal theories of primary education teachers linked to the practices applied to the science teaching”.
- He got a MScEd degree in “Education Sciences. Specialisation: Science Education and New Technologies in Education” from the School of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- He is a 2nd level certified trainer in I.C.T.
He has got a long teaching experience:
- In public primary schools of the regions of Pieria, Thessaloniki and Evia.
- In the Laboratory of Educational Techology of the School of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Specifically, he was appointed to teach the following courses:
- Educational technology I: Design, development, assessment and options of emploment of teaching materials.
- Educational technology II: Teaching methodology.
He also coached and supported the practical training of student teachers of the School of Primary Education of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in primary schools from 1996 to 2000.
- In Didaskaleio “D. Glinos” (training of in-service primary education teachers) of the School of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,where he was appointed to teach the course “Educational technology: Design, development, assessment and options of emploment of teaching materials”, from 2001 to 2011.
- In the programme of Academic and Professional Upgrade of Primary Education Teachers that was implemented by the School of Primary Education of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, during the periods 1998–2000 and 2003–2005.
- In the framework of the programme of the training programme of the teachers of the Greek curriculum of the minority schools of the region of Thrace titled “Education of the Muslim Minority Children in Thrace”, during the periods 2005-2007 and 2006-2007.
- In the framework of the training programme “Modern teaching approaches for the development of critical and creative thinking” organised by the Hellenic Organisation of Teachers Training”, addressing to primary and secondary education teachers at 2007.
- In the framework of the programme implemented by the University Training Center of Thessaloniki for the retraining of the 2nd level trainers on the integration of ICT in the teaching practice at 2008.
– In the framework of the programme “Teacher training on the integration of ICT in the teaching practice – 2nd level”, from 2008 to 2012.
- At the Academy of Minority Schools Teachers (Eidiki Pedagogiki Akadimia) of Thessaloniki, from 2004 to 2012, where he was appointed to teach the courses: a) Classroom organisation and management, b) Teaching design – Practical training I, c) Teaching design – Practical training II.
Kostas has published books and research papers in conference proceedings and has also participated in joint book publications and syllabus.
He was member of the organisation committees of conferences and in charge of the organisation and the implementation of training seminars for teachers in the area of teaching design of science, mathematics, language and integration of ICT in teaching.
Since 2017, he is the Principal of the 9th Primary School of Katerini, in the region of Pieria.